The Wild Olive Shoot Community


Once, there was a church that received a vision from God. They dared to do what no other church at that time had done. They grew, and spread across the nation. They called themselves the Blaze Community.

But it absorbed teachings from other groups, both Christian and Pagan. The vision became polluted. Rather than examining itself, the Blaze Community became proud and arrogant, standing alone as the true church, against all opposition.

The Blaze died to an ember as people left, fleeing tyranny, judgement, and forced austerity. Humbly, the Blaze Community leaders sought God's forgiveness and direction.

Now the community received a new vision. One of grace, love, forgiveness, and mercy. Aware that it had been given another chance by God, it renamed itself the Wild Olive Shoot Community, with the knowledge that God could pluck them out of the Cultivated Olive (the universal church) if they ever again fell away from the path to which God had called them.

Thursday 9 February 2012

Rainbows to a Blind Man


Mr. Fox stretched himself luxuriantly, and gave a noisy yawn. His companion, always nervous, twitched, and settled. Mr. Fox watched, and smiled. He found his friend an endless source of amusement.
“Ah, that is a glorious rainbow over there; so vivid, so pure in colour. What say you, Mr. Mole?”
“Bah!”
“Why, Mr. Mole. What’s wrong?”
“Always you talk of these things. How blue the grass is, how green the Sun is.”
“No, no, no. The grass is green, Mr. Mole, green.”
“And the Sun?”
“Yes, that’s green as well!”
“BAH!”
“Oh, Mr. Mole. Please, don’t be upset.”
“I do not know of these colours. I cannot see. I have never seen. I have no wish to see. I am perfectly fine as I am.”
“I am very pleased for you.”
“In fact, how do I know these colours even exist?”
“Because I say so.”
“Bah!”
“Mr. Mole, Mr. Mole. Do you not believe me? I am hurt. Hurt I say.”
“You talk of a rainbow? A band of colours hanging in the air? What holds it up, then?”
“What do you mean? Nothing holds it up.”
“Well, how does it get there?”
“I don’t know. The Sun shines on the rain, and it appears.”
“How can I believe in something I cannot touch, feel, hear, or smell?”
“Because I tell you.”
“BAH! Rainbows! Colours! They don’t exist. They can’t exist. You’re mad, Mr. Fox, utterly mad.”
Mr. Fox smiled a wry smile to himself. There are some things that some people refuse to believe, no matter how true they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment